Really, I haven't forgotten my blog....
Even though it’s been ten days since I posted last. And what a busy ten days it’s been. Little miss has kept us quite on the go, and then we’ve also been blessed to have lots of family time lately. Here’s some of what’s been keeping me preoccupied:
August second was visit #2 to the dentist for sealants. Two fillings & a crown later.... She still has three to four more fillings to go and per Dr. R, she’s going to have a lifetime of dental issues from her soft decalcified teeth. Her dentist specializes in kids and her entire office is kid friendly, from the sunglasses to the bubblegum scented nitrous oxide. And Thank God for the nitrous oxide! Tab did fabulous and even got McDonald’s hash browns for breakfast afterwards. (Not something that I condone, but it was only her second visit ever to McD’s and she’d refused to eat breakfast beforehand, so what’s a Mom to do?)

She learned the word “silver” to describe her new tooth. Then she started trying to name colors in Russian and had a small panic attack in the car on the way back to summer camp. She couldn’t remember the Russian for “pink” and believe me, that is a crisis in her world. So I refreshed her memory, she took a deep breath and regained control and we continued on. I tossed out the idea of maybe starting to work with a Russian tutor, other than me, and she hasn’t commented yet. She knows that she’s losing her Russian, but she’s not really acting like she wants to hold on to it either. She did tell me that I should talk to her in English when she’s good and Russian when she’s bad and I ix-nayed that idea right away. The past couple of weeks, when I do talk to her in Russian, she understands, but she gets very upset. So Russian in our home is probably soon to be a thing of the past....and that makes me a little bit sad. I’ve enjoyed having “our own lingo” that not everyone understood.
August 5th, she & I headed out to San Antonio. She now understands that 6 hours in the car is a verrrrrrryyyyyyy looooooooooonnnnnnggggg time. She did well in that it was two hours before I heard the first “Are we there yet?” or her preferred “Soon??” We had a great time and she definitely had a blast hanging with Drew & Chase. I feel bad for Chase, since at 3 yo he had two of the biggest tattletales shadowing his every move. Tab had some real anxiety with being in a place not like home and she definitely was not sharing a bed with me.... So she slept most nights on a pile of pillows she made in the corner. Different, but hey, that much more room for me. We had some fun adventures at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Park and Caverns. We ended up visiting one on Sunday and the other on Monday. The 103 degree heat just knocked us all flat, and Doug & I made the executive decision that neither of us wanted to deal with three cranky kids outside all day at Seaworld. So we just split up the Natural Bridge Adventure. In four days, I managed to take about 350 photos. Gotta’ love digital! and I’m eventually going to get them all to the desktop computer. These were some of my favorites: 1. Just prior to the ostrich attack as it got it’s head in the car 2. feeding the zebras out of our hands 3. & 4. Window shots
August second was visit #2 to the dentist for sealants. Two fillings & a crown later.... She still has three to four more fillings to go and per Dr. R, she’s going to have a lifetime of dental issues from her soft decalcified teeth. Her dentist specializes in kids and her entire office is kid friendly, from the sunglasses to the bubblegum scented nitrous oxide. And Thank God for the nitrous oxide! Tab did fabulous and even got McDonald’s hash browns for breakfast afterwards. (Not something that I condone, but it was only her second visit ever to McD’s and she’d refused to eat breakfast beforehand, so what’s a Mom to do?)

She learned the word “silver” to describe her new tooth. Then she started trying to name colors in Russian and had a small panic attack in the car on the way back to summer camp. She couldn’t remember the Russian for “pink” and believe me, that is a crisis in her world. So I refreshed her memory, she took a deep breath and regained control and we continued on. I tossed out the idea of maybe starting to work with a Russian tutor, other than me, and she hasn’t commented yet. She knows that she’s losing her Russian, but she’s not really acting like she wants to hold on to it either. She did tell me that I should talk to her in English when she’s good and Russian when she’s bad and I ix-nayed that idea right away. The past couple of weeks, when I do talk to her in Russian, she understands, but she gets very upset. So Russian in our home is probably soon to be a thing of the past....and that makes me a little bit sad. I’ve enjoyed having “our own lingo” that not everyone understood.
August 5th, she & I headed out to San Antonio. She now understands that 6 hours in the car is a verrrrrrryyyyyyy looooooooooonnnnnnggggg time. She did well in that it was two hours before I heard the first “Are we there yet?” or her preferred “Soon??” We had a great time and she definitely had a blast hanging with Drew & Chase. I feel bad for Chase, since at 3 yo he had two of the biggest tattletales shadowing his every move. Tab had some real anxiety with being in a place not like home and she definitely was not sharing a bed with me.... So she slept most nights on a pile of pillows she made in the corner. Different, but hey, that much more room for me. We had some fun adventures at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Park and Caverns. We ended up visiting one on Sunday and the other on Monday. The 103 degree heat just knocked us all flat, and Doug & I made the executive decision that neither of us wanted to deal with three cranky kids outside all day at Seaworld. So we just split up the Natural Bridge Adventure. In four days, I managed to take about 350 photos. Gotta’ love digital! and I’m eventually going to get them all to the desktop computer. These were some of my favorites: 1. Just prior to the ostrich attack as it got it’s head in the car 2. feeding the zebras out of our hands 3. & 4. Window shots


We got home late Tuesday night and Michael was pretty happy to have the girls get home. I think that he was feeling a little smothered by the cats. Wednesday, I was cruel & inhumane and dragged Tab out of bed at 7:30am for “meet the teacher” day at school. When she doesn’t want to go somewhere, she is like a frickin’ mule. We got there at 8:40 and the school is only a five minute walk away! Major, major angst because she doesn’t have Mrs. T back (1st grade) and instead has Mrs. B. (2nd grade). That was the biggest issue on Thursday when school started. Popped up again tonight. The drama is thick around here folks. At any rate, she’s come quite a ways since April 10th on that first day of school. So we’ll see how this week goes....
Been lots more going on, but that’s a separate post since I still need to get those photos off the camera....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home