Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The paperchase continues


Monday started off in that usual jarring way that Mondays usually do. I was dragging my tail since I’d been responsible for 47 babies over the weekend and I had headed to the second hospital, which was busier than typical. It seems to be the new standard lately that there are baby explosions happening wherever I’m scheduled to work. Michael called Gladney to find out about how soon we needed to get our papers in to Austin to be apostilled again. Turns out that the state security letter that we were most concerned about, was not concerning to Kate at all. Instead what she urged us to update post-haste were the medical forms, and then get the security letters done.

I’m very glad that Michael called on Monday, since Kate hadn’t planned on calling us until later in the week. As it turns out, having my day off switched to Tuesday came in very handy since I spent the day running around updating our paperwork for the third time since the original application to Gladney. Hopefully the third time will be the charm, because this is getting very old. I’m also very grateful that we have Matt & Christy on our side. Christy is acting as our “official” paperwork doctor for all of these ridiculous medical forms. The delays involved if we were using anyone else would be unimaginable. Then the accessiblity factor of having a police officer in the "family", can not be underestimated. So then, Michael & I managed to meet up with Matt later on Tuesday to get fingerprinted again. Chalk that up to experiences I thought I’d never have in this lifetime. I think I’ve got the routine down though and I can do “limp spaghetti” fingers with the best of them.

So now its notary time before sending it all to Austin. I wish I could have taken pictures of all the cumulative paperwork stacked together. I’m sure we’re way past a few phonebooks worth by now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home